In March 2020, our community in Brownsville, Texas, started a quarantine for the first cases of COVID-19. All non-profits stopped their community services, and just the essentials continued helping people through online or private appointments. In May 2020, according to the Texas Government, the city started a reopening plan in phases. However, the government established recommendations regarding minimum standard health protocols for all businesses and services. Some of them are training all employees and contractors on appropriate cleaning and disinfection, hand hygiene, and respiratory etiquette; and, having employees and contractors maintaining at least 6 feet separation from other individuals. If such distancing is not feasible, other measures such as hand hygiene, cough etiquette, cleanliness, and sanitation should be rigorously practiced. Regular and frequent cleaning and disinfecting of regularly touched surfaces, such as doorknobs, tables, chairs, and restrooms are important. It is also important to disinfect any items that come into contact with customers.
Some of the success stories
Donate to help a Project
- We know that some clubs are working hard to keep helping their communities, but as this pandemic continues, it is more challenging to get funds.
- In response to this situation, we are preparing an innovative way to help Clubs to collect resources for their projects. “Donate to help a Project”.
- You will be able to Donate to support your favorite project or projects.
- Our target is to help as many clubs as possible to accomplish their projects.
Required Project information
- Short Video or Power Point, 5 minutes max, explaining project
- Project Name and description
- Project location
- Project timeline, start and end date expected
- Area of focus
- Clubs participating or other entities
- Project contact
- Total project cost or estimated cost.
- Amount requested
- All projects need to be categorized into one or more Areas of Focus
- We will offer motivational and instructional speakers as RI Global Grants Administrator Renee Reiling, RID Suzi Howe, RI Training Leader Salvador Rizzo, PI Coordinator Sonia Uribe, Silvana Bunea from Rotaract of Romania, and many more.
- Representatives from USA, Mexico, Canada, Guatemala, Honduras, Colombia, Venezuela, Russia, Romania will help promoting the event.
- Innovation and new types of projects are expected
- We will assist Rotaract projects
Areas of Focus
- Promoting peace
- Fighting disease
- Providing clean water, sanitation and hygiene
- Saving mothers and children
- Growing local economies
- Supporting education
- Supporting the environment
- The Rotary wheel cannot be stopped
- Due to our world’s pandemic situation, we cannot be physically present, but our communities still need our help. This is the reason why we planned this Virtual International Project Fair.
- Our main purpose is to hold an exhibition of projects and innovative ideas from Rotary and Rotaract clubs around the world, take action and provide alternative solutions towards our community’s needs
- Among the 6 areas of Focus we welcome, Supporting the Environment as our 7th. We encourage our Rotaract Clubs to innovate with projects of this new Area of Focus.